Google

Monday, May 5, 2008

Best Autoresponders

Sound a little deep, I realize, but the best autoresponders have little to do with technology and deliverability and upload effectiveness...but have a ton to do with understanding the ins and out of how people really buy things.

If you adhere to a few very simple snippets of human understanding, and you put those practices to work in your autoresponder, you will very quickly begin to see that a proper autoresponder sequence treats things slowly!

You need to establish credibility through your emails before you can ask people to buy your widget.

Think about how you yourself like to be treated.

Do you respond to anything besides the Delete button when someone you know nothing about tells you that they have solved the mysteries of YOUR UNIVERSE? That they somehow understand EXACTLY what you're going through and that this toilet seat cover that they're hawking will put and end to all your personal misery.

Come on now.

The people with the best autroesponders work them with the understanding that these personal little messages to people THEY DO NOT KNOW, need to allow that person to GET TO KNOW THEM!

I can tell you all I want that I can build a rocket ship out of honey and paper clips like McGyver did every Thursday at 10, or I can take the time to PROVE to you (over a very carefully worded series of autoresponder emails) that because of my background in the bee industry I know that there is a substance that bees create which creates power.

In my next few emails, I begin to GET YOU TO UNDERSTAND that I took that knowledge and, when I worked for a metal company that just happened to make paper clips, I began to see how I could bring what I knew about the bees into what I was learning about paper clips!

No comments: